Saturday, February 2, 2008

Gastronomical experience in Melbourne

Actually I wanted to go for the Mornington Peninsula trip but was told that it had just been closed for the season. I was really disappointed - but hey, it will be a good excuse for me to visit Melbourne again! ;-p

These are some places I explored by foot and by taking the red City Circle Tram:

  • City Museum - spent a day there, very educational
  • Chinese Museum - was spooked by the trail I had to follow, a bit too dark for me
  • Federation Square - a food and wine festival was going on there
  • Old Melbourne Goal - very informative
  • City Watch House - educational. I had fun doing role-play and pretending to be 'arrested'. Our Charge Sergeant was a serious looking lady with big hair and long fingernails painted in black...
  • State Library of Victoria - love the library building!

Wanted to go to the Immigration Museum but I lost my way... =(

Oh yes, I was supposed to be talking about food here. Well, there is a big variety with representatives from different ethnic groups living in Melbourne. Here are a sample of what I tried. Of course, the meals were even more enjoyable with the company of friends!




Soy Chai Latte and handmade chocolates at Brunetti! If you like chocolates, you must also make a trip to Koko Black at the Royal Arcade. Royal Arcade is worth exploring too. It is a heritage shopping arcade with high glass roof and interesting stores.





Yummy, warm Roti Canai with lamb curry from Little Malaysia


Eating warm, freshly made pizza while enjoying the harbour view at Mecca Bah Dockland...




Fancy scallop fried with macadamia nuts and veges?? Absolutely delicious... not to mention the great taste of the juicy salmon fish. I used to pan fry a small slice of salmon fish for dinner occasionally while studying at ANU. Fresh salmon fish tastes great with just a little salt and pepper.



Interesting food at Chocolate Buddha, Federation Square

No comments: