Monday, November 17, 2008

Lakes and Queenstown

On the 2nd day, we packed up and started our trip to Queenstown where we would be staying for 3 nights.

We passed by many Lakes along the way - Lake Tekapo, Lake Pukaki and finally Lake Wakatipu.

I went into the Church of the Good Shepherd, which was located along the banks of Lake Tekapo, and sat on the bench in silence for a few minutes. It was so peaceful! There was also a handsome bronze Collie dog statue nearby. (http://www.laketekapo.com/gallery/good-shepherd-lake-tekapo.html and http://www.tekapotourism.co.nz/history.htm) I feel that if animals were to be respected in a country, then the people will be able to live in harmony with nature. All the Kiwis we met were very pleasant and mild mannered.






























The view from outside from my A-Line Hotel room was very nice too! Can you spot the salmon fish? Instead of a rooster wind spinner on top of the roof, it's a salmon! A-Line Hotel is one of the best hotel I've ever stayed in. Everything was perfect!! On the last day of our stay there, a big, black, friendly cat with white paws appeared. Unfortunately, by the time I finished breakfast, it had gone elsewhere to play.

No comments: