Tuesday, November 25, 2008

NZ flowers...





















































We visited New Zealand in Spring so there were joyful blooms of flowers in different colours everywhere! I was very surprised to see some very interesting flowers that the roadside succulents had. It was also wonderful to see blooming daffodils as I only saw them once during my days in Canberra. I missed the vibrant, yellow coloured flowers! I also missed the pansies outside Toad Hall. It's great to see them once again! There were also tulips, rhododendron and azaleas in various hues of yellows, reds, purples and delicate white. When we went to Mrs Jones Fruit Orchard for the fresh fruits, and dried fruits and nuts, her big roses were still in buds. She told me that they were orange in colour. Then again, she had a long row of poplars in front of her shop so it will definitely be a magnificent sight during autumn - a long road lined with trees with golden leaves that have a soothing, rustling sound when the wind blows!



















1 comment:

Aunty J said...

Such beautiful flowers!! I wish we have them here too ;p