Before proceeding to explore the Churches, we stopped by a small shop for double boiled milk dessert. It's the first time I'm trying this. The texture is very different from soybean curd. Much more delicate, smooth, and if you love the taste of milk, you will like the lingering natural sweetness of milk after the dessert glides down your throat effortlessly. I also like the boiled milk with ginger! Yum... Pictures of milk cows adorned the walls of this small shop. I wonder which one of the cows produced the milk which we were enjoying then?
We only had time to visit 2 beautiful churches: the St. Lawrence's Church and the St. Joseph's Seminary and Church. How does it feel when you are in there? Very peaceful, very quiet and cool, and it feels like you are in another world, away from the hustle and bustle outside. I could sit there for hours, just admiring the interiors and my favourite stained glass windows.
Of course, we must make our way to Macau's iconic landmark - the Church of St. Paul's, which was very much ruined by a big fire in 1835. It was crowded with people and I didn't have the opportunity to take a closer look at the ornate stone facade. We walked up the grand staircase to explore further. However, I wasn't too keen to take a closer look at the cyrpt, plus, we need to grab some souvenirs before returning to Hong Kong.
We deliberately took pictures at this small lane - the Travessa da Paixao (Love Lane)...
No comments:
Post a Comment