Sunday, June 5, 2011

New Norcia, Wildflowers & Pinnacles!

Finally, some action! Went on a fun 12-hour day trip. It was tiring but I had a good day.

We arrived at New Norcia after a long drive. It is the only monastic town in Australia. The volunteer tour guide there was a bit grumpy and said she wouldn't be talking if our coach's mike wasn't working. Everybody looked at each other. Woah.. aunty power!

Len, our coach driver, prepared a simple tea for us to refresh ourselves before following aunty Ricki around like little school children... I was looking out for pretty stained glass windows but there weren't that many.

See pictures below:

One of the two pipe organs located within the monastery buildings.

Interesting motif found on the ceiling...

The walls are full of paintings.

The St. Gertrude's College, completed in 1908.

The only stained-glass I came across.

After a quick look at the museum, we were off to our next destination!

No comments: