My first stop was the Hong Kong Museum of History. On the first floor, visitors are invited to sit and watch short documentary clips. For "Life in Frame", the series include: fashion, food and public transport. There is also a section on government documentaries featuring festivals of HK and housing in HK. I had fun at the natural environment exhibition area. The other permanent exhibition galleries include: prehistoric HK, the dynasties from Han to Qing, folk culture in HK, opium war and the cession of HK, birth and the early growth of the city, Japanese Occupation, modern metropolis and the return to China. I didn't suffer from claustrophobia as the galleries were spacious and many areas were brightly lit. It was a wonderful experience, not spooky at all.
I particularly enjoyed the exhibits on family life in the 60s & 70s, postwar education in HK, and below is one of my favourite exhibit. SO CUTE!
With the help of the Security Officer at the History Museum, I took a bus to my next museum - Hong Kong Museum of Art. But before that, I need to get some lunch as it was close to 1.30pm, way past my regular lunch time! I must say that the Museum Cafe served the best pork chops I've ever tasted! And you get a great view of the Victoria Harbour! After a big meal of pork chops, steamed veges and small portion of pasta in cream sauce, washed down with a perfect cup of coffee, I'm ready to explore the Art Museum.
There is a large collection of ceramics and a selection of paintings from the Xubaizhai Collection at the permanent exhibition galleries. Most of the areas were closed so the last place I went to was the feature exhibition on Wu Guanzhong's donated paintings. A lot of efforts have been made to enhance the visitors' experience... just look at the stain glass which replicates his painting of the HK skyline and 3 sides of walls replicating his other painting.
I ended the day with delicious Korean BBQ dinner with K. It was great to see her again! Also had a sip of Korean ginseng wine. I like the taste. Very nice!
No comments:
Post a Comment