Our first eating stop... Seng Cheong crab porridge! Mmm... delicious, fragrant congee peppered with crab roe and crab meat. We also ordered fried fish balls and squid balls. I didn't try the preserved clam dip. The colour is not too appealing for me la! But I kept seeing it being served at other eating places. And we also ordered fried salt and pepper frogs legs. It is very succulent and has a nice texture.
Satisfied, we walked along the streets and also tried Mok Yi Kei's durian ice-cream. It is very flavourful, like eating real, iced durian pulp. It's a bit pricey though, for a very small cup of ice cream! We also made a mental note of what to buy when we are going home the next day...
What better way to aid digestion than to walk around the scenic 'European feel' vicinity. We stopped by the Taipa Houses Museum, walked around the lotus pond, and tried to get out of the way of wedding couples taking pictures among the beautiful blooms.
On to the next highlight of the day! The famous pork chop buns! Pork chops pan-fried to perfection and sandwiched between 2 pieces of warm, chewy, crusty bread. Heavenly! J1 also ordered her favourite curry cuttle fish and fried fishballs. I had a very strong cup of hot, silky milk tea. The whole small pot was filled with tea leaves. I wondered why I didn't get heart palpitation after that. Haha!
No comments:
Post a Comment