Sunday, June 5, 2011

Annual Craft & Quilt Fair

I was looking forward to this event. I didn't believe my aunt when she told me we would be spending a whole day there. It IS possible! I found out that card-making is a very popular hobby in Australia. There were so many stores on card-making! The fair also featured the latest in sewing, beading, knitting, crochet, quilting, scrapbooking, etc... There was a live demo of handmade glass beads. I hope I am able to learn how to do that one day! And they had fancy sewing machines that would magically start sewing once the designs were programmed and entered. Wow... And I attended a session on Knitting for Stress Relief. It was useful!

Check out these wonderful quilts on display! All masterpieces!!

Can you see the flight of butterflies on this quilt? It is my favourite piece.

This one seems to be telling a story.

Very Australian!


This one's for the cat lovers! ^.^

No comments: