Sunday, June 5, 2011

Western Australian Museum

After posting some postcards at the Australian Post (one of my favourite places), I met up with a friend and we went to the Western Australian Museum. It has a rich collection of meteorites, and a wide range of minerals on display. I felt like I was in a science class I've never had. It also featured stories and culture of Perth's local Aboriginal people, and the rich biodiversity of the State. I was most fascinated by the collection of butterflies that occupied a whole room! So beautiful!!

I was a bit spooked when I entered the displays featuring megafauna and dinosaurs that once inhabited Western Australia. First there was this large life-like snake at the entrance...

Then at the end of the tour, this T-Rex frightened me when it let out a loud ROAR!!
I was in the midst of taking a picture of it! Haiyo...

I enjoyed walking around the museum's Discovery Centre. There were trays and trays of objects to explore. Really educational! And I was excited to find live frogs there (any frog prince out there? hello??). It's a pity the pictures didn't turn out very well but here you go:


























Check out this calculating machine. I think I'll get my fingers stuck in the keyboard before I figure out how to use it! Haha...


No comments: